All our ushers, cafe and bar staff are volunteers. They are key members of the FOH team, staffing the public areas of the building during the day and our productions. They are the ambassadors of our theatre. They perform various duties, but most importantly they ensure a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our audience members.
We are looking for people with a pleasant manner, enthusiasm, a willingness to follow instruction and plenty of commitment. The roles require volunteers to work shifts; a mix of evenings, weekends and weekdays. We need our volunteers to commit to at least two shifts per calendar month and you are free to choose your own shifts. Here at the Princess Theatre, we will provide front of house training and ongoing support.
If you would like to become more involved with The Princess Theatre, we can offer you the following:
- The chance to see fun, innovative and exciting theatre
- A new experience for anyone looking to work in the arts or broaden their employment experience
- The chance to gain inside knowledge of a working theatre
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity to be part of your community
- A new social opportunity – a good chance to meet interesting people and make new friends
- This is an ongoing opportunity for volunteers interested in being a part of a local community theatre.
If you are interested in working with us please email Burnham Princess-Information [email protected]