The Princess Theatre is located in heart of the beautiful seaside town of Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset. The venue is approximately 30 miles from Bristol (via M5) and 10 miles from Weston Super Mare & Bridgwater.
Finding us –
The venue’s address is The Princess Theatre and Arts Centre, Princess St, Burnham-on-Sea TA8 1EH.
There is limited free parking at the theatre, the nearest public car park is Oxford Street Car Park, Oxford Street, Burnham-on-Sea, TA8 1EL. Parking is free after 6pm.
There is level access into the building and the auditorium with lift access to the meeting rooms. The auditorium has wheelchair spaces and the box office can advise on the best location within the auditorium for each show according to your particular requirements. There are also accessible toilet facilities.
Guide, hearing and enabling dogs are welcome. If you wish to take them into the auditorium please let the Box Office know when booking so that suitable seats can be allocated.
We look forward to welcoming you to the venue in the near future, if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or by calling our box office which is open Monday – Friday 11am – 4pm on 01278 784464.
How many audience members are you allowing into the building?
Our socially-distanced auditorium offers a reduced capacity of approximately 75 ensuring a 1m-plus space between parties.
What measures are you putting in place to ensure the audience will be safe?
We will follow government guidance at all times:
- E-tickets will be issued as standard. These do not have to be printed but can be shown on your smartphone or similar device for us to scan on entry. In order to reduce queueing and minimise contact, tickets will not be available for collection from the Box Office
- We will be operating with a one way system to minimise contact
- Face coverings are required for the duration of your visit (except for eating and drinking) unless exempt for health reasons. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings
- Contact details are collected through NHS Test and Trace QR code at the entrance to the building – alternatively our volunteers will collect details through a sign in sheet
- We will carry out enhanced cleaning of the auditorium between performances and activities
- Hand sanitising stations are positioned throughout the building
- Cloakrooms will not be available so please bring minimal belongings
- The Café Bar will be open but transactions should be cashless and paperless, and table service will be provided
- Signage will be in place to manage social distancing and audience flow as well as volunteers and staff to guide you
We ask that you do not attend if:
- You have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- You have been instructed to self-isolate under the current rules.
Clinically vulnerable individuals or members of a household who are shielding extremely vulnerable individuals are advised not to attend
Will I need to wear a face mask?
Face coverings are required for the duration of your visit for all performances (except for eating and drinking) unless exempt for health reasons, until government guidelines tell us otherwise. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings
Will the toilets be open for use?
Yes. However, at this time there is restricted capacity so please follow signage or speak to a member of staff. Accessible toilet facilities remain in the same place as before. Enhanced cleaning processes are in place throughout the building.
Will the Café Bar be open?
The Café Bar will be open but transactions should be cashless and paperless, and table service will be provided.
What if I need to use the facilities during the event? Will I be able to exit my seat?
At this time, we are advising people to maintain a distance of 1 metre where possible around the venue. Whilst the capacity in the auditorium has been reduced, you may need to pass someone to take or leave your seat. Please mitigate any risk by keeping your mask on and turning away as you pass. We ask that all audience members are mindful of others around them who may need to leave during the event.
I have access requirements and/or am in a wheelchair, will the lift be in operation?
Yes, the lift will be in operation. At this time, only groups in the same household or bubble will be able to travel in the lift together. The lifts will be cleaned between uses.
How will exiting the venue work?
In order to maintain social distancing after the event, our Front of House staff will instruct audience members to leave a row at a time through different exits. We ask that you please be patient and wait until invited to leave your seat before doing so. Please allow those at the end of your row to exit first.
How do you use the data I provide for Test and Trace?
What if the event is cancelled due to a lockdown?
Please be reassured that should you book for a performance which has to be cancelled, you will be offered the option of a refund, credit or a transfer to another performance.
For maximised flexibility, if you cannot attend, you can exchange your ticket for FREE up to at least 24 hours prior to the event (subject to availability). (Please note this supersedes our other terms and conditions for this season only)